IT'S SUPER EASY TO APPLY TO WORK AT THE BEST DOG PLACE EVER!
1. Review the available positions listed below so that we can ensure it's a good fit for both of us!
2. Click on our "APPLY HERE" link below each description, which will take you directly to our online application.
3. If you're having any difficulties applying online, you are always welcome to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop one off at 3608 N. Southport ave.
NOW HIRING: PART TIME & FULL TIME DOG HANDLERS
If you're not obsessed with dogs, this is not the position for you. :)
If you do not meet the qualifications below, or are often sick or late to work, please do not apply.
As a Dog Handler at Dogaholics service facility, you understand the importance of a positive and safe environment for off leash dog play. You strive to teach healthy habits for happy dogs, so they learn the skills necessary to interact appropriately in their surroundings. You create meaningful relationships with the dogs and their pet parents by putting everyone at ease knowing their animal is in your care. You strive to be a resource for our pet parents in dog health and behavior.
- Dog daycare or boarding experience strongly preferred.
- Comfortable walking through 40+ dogs off leash.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions when it comes to dog interaction.
- Knowledge of general dog behavioral cues, indicators and health issues.
- Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
- Be willing and able to stand for 8 hours (with a 30 min break in between).
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow).
- Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies.
- Must be comfortable cleaning up dog messes (pee/poop/vomit/etc.).
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond.
The pet industry is 24/7/365. Weekends and holidays are busy times for us, and we expect all members of the team to pitch in when needed. Please do not apply if you cannot work these hours or are unwilling to contribute to the pack!
Full Time - Monday through Friday, 8:30a - 5:30p
Part Time - Varied by week/weekend based on need.
Based on experience.
- Bring your dog to work!
- Dog behavior/body language training (paid)!
- Bragging rights that you work with dogs.
- Optional employee healthcare after 6 months.
- PTO/Vacation Days after 1 year of employment.
- Holiday Pay (when working holiday shifts).
- Ability to earn Paid Sick Leave.
- Relaxed work environment.
- Fun staff outings (we're talking Six Flags--Fright Fest)!
Submit your application and resume via our website, https://www.dogaholics.com/employment-opportunities/
The hiring process for this position is as follows:
- Phone screen/interview
- In person interview & trial day
- Trial week at the facility
If you cannot commit to a trial week or do not meet any of the requirements above, please do not apply.