IT'S SUPER EASY TO APPLY TO WORK AT THE BEST DOG PLACE EVER!
1. Review the available positions listed below so that we can ensure it's a good fit for both of us!
2. Click on our "APPLY HERE" link below each description, which will take you directly to our online application.
3. If you're having any difficulties applying online, you are always welcome to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop one off at 3608 N. Southport ave.
A NOTE BEFORE APPLYING
If you're not obsessed with dogs, none of these is positions are for you. :)
If you do not meet the qualifications below, or are often sick or late to work, please do not apply.
Please read through the following requirements before applying.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS, JOB DESCRIPTIONS CAN BE VIEWED BELOW:
Part Time & Full Time Dog Handler (Weekdays)
Part Time Dog Handler (Weekends)
Transporters (Part Time)
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS
As a pack member at Dogaholics service facility, you understand the importance of a positive and safe environment for off leash dog play. You strive to teach healthy habits for happy dogs, so they learn the skills necessary to interact appropriately in their surroundings. You create meaningful relationships with the dogs and their pet parents by putting everyone at ease knowing their animal is in your care. You strive to be a resource for our pet parents in dog health and behavior.
- Dog daycare or boarding experience strongly preferred.
- Comfortable walking through 40+ dogs off leash.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions when it comes to dog interaction.
- Knowledge of general dog behavioral cues, indicators and health issues.
- Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds.
- Be willing and able to stand for 8 hours (with a 30 min break in between).
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow).
- Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies.
- Must be comfortable cleaning up dog messes (pee/poop/vomit/etc.).
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Bring your dog to work!
- Dog behavior/body language training (paid)!
- Bragging rights that you work with dogs.
- Optional employee healthcare after 6 months.
- PTO/Vacation Days after 1 year of employment.
- Holiday Pay (when working holiday shifts).
- Ability to earn Paid Sick Leave.
- Relaxed work environment.
- Fun staff outings (we're talking Six Flags--Fright Fest)!
The hiring process for ALL positions is as follows:
- Phone screen/interview
- In person interview & trial day
- Trial week at the facility
If you cannot commit to a trial week or do not meet any of the requirements above, please do not apply.
Dog Handler - See general requirements above
Transporter - (Must pass background check!)
We are looking for applicants who have previous experience around dogs as a dog handler or similar work to join our transport team. The shift will fluctuate from 20 - 30 hours/week, Mon-Fri for 3-4 hour shifts any time between 7a - 7p. Background check required.