IT'S SUPER EASY TO APPLY TO WORK AT THE BEST DOG PLACE EVER!
1. Review the available positions listed below so that we can ensure it's a good fit for both of us!
2. Click on our "APPLY HERE" link below each description, which will take you directly to our online application.
3. If you're having any difficulties applying online, you are always welcome to send your resume to connect @dogaholics.com or drop one off at 3608 N. Southport ave.
Now Hiring: Part-Time PM Transporter
Now Hiring: Part Time Experienced Dog Handler/Transporter
Start Date: Immediately
Schedule: Part Time, Monday - Friday, 1:00pm to 5:30pm (20 to 30 hours a week)
Who We're Looking For
Applicants who have previous experience around dogs as a dog handler as well as experience with providing transportation services, delivery services, or similar work. The shift will fluctuate from 20 - 30 hours/week, Mon-Fri for 4-5 hour shifts between 1:00pm to 5:30pm.
What You'll Bring to the Table
As a dog handler, you must understand the importance of a positive and safe environment for off leash dog play. You must strive to teach healthy habits for happy dogs, so they learn the skills necessary to interact appropriately in their surroundings. You must create meaningful relationships with the dogs and their pet parents by putting everyone at ease knowing their animal is in your care. You strive to be a resource for our pet parents in dog health and behavior.
As a transporter you would drive one of our company vehicles and shuttle dogs between their homes and our doggy daycare. Must be comfortable with city driving, parking and traffic. Must be great at time management and have strong attention to detail.
• Valid drivers license and clean driving record
• Must pass background check
• High school diploma required. Working towards or have a higher education a plus
• General knowledge of the Chicago area
• Prior experience working in the pet industry in a daycare, boarding, or similar facility
• Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, scoop, climb stairs, bend, and crouch
• Be able to lift 40+ pounds and restrain dogs that weigh over 100 pounds
• Be willing and able to stand for 8 hours (with a 30 min break in between)
• Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow).
• High volume of cleaning up dog messes feces when required
• Must be able to use highly concentrated cleaning supplies
• Must be willing to shovel potentially high volumes of snow
• Must not be allergic to or afraid of cats or dogs
To fill out an application, click below: